Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Air Plants Are Not a Good Support System.

My Mom http://2dodges2go.blogspot.com/ has retired with her husband who has been a father long enough in my family for me to consider him a Dad.

After a catch up phone conversation where we discussed air plants and if I would like any, a resounding YES was my answer.  We discussed the next mailing the nomads would be at where I could send them what mail they needed for every thing in the world except bills attached to, well I suppose that mail shows up here as well.  Mom said she would send me air plants and did she ever.

They shape to the form of a mailbox crammed with junk mail.

As I yanked the box out with the mail and various slips of paper that won't make it past the recycle bin, the box grew just a little bit.  It was taped up fairly well, I might even think G-Dad helped out.  

This isn't your ordinary packaging material.

After releasing the pressure valve on the tape and air plant explosion, I am happy to say I can supply most of Seattle with a plant or two.  I've given them to friends that have stopped by, decorated the house and a bathroom by plunking a hunk in a bowl of potpourri.  

So far most of my friends have poked around at it and said they would take some but left them behind.  I only have so many wicker baskets in my house before cramming this stuff into it makes me look like I need to mow my own decorations.  

I am seriously thinking of making a wreath out of them though.  I will keep you posted as I hear my Mom is approaching Spanish moss territory soon.  Now that I can use in my garden.

Arriving with extra love on the handling.

So send those 1970's fridge magnet ideas my way.  

The Papillon Pack