Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Starting Lineup

The Papillon Pack:  4 dogs which merits pack title if you ask me.  Go ahead, ask me.  I'll wait.....

All are what I fondly refer to as "hand me down dogs".  Which is a better way to say dogs  that someone else had but then couldn't fucking take the time to think beyond what happens after they loose the cute puppy look.  In this case 2 (Misty & Scooter) are the result of a friend who decided they were too much work.  2 (Pepper & Cutter) are a rescue dogs from PapHaven.org who have been here since February 2009.  Long story on each side since we really don't know each other well enough yet.  Do we!

My thinking was that I couldn't really give someone a job or a place to live when the economy went tits up, but I could help a dog out.  A dog, (1).  Well they brought 2 out and those 2 could not have been separated any more than Misty and Scooter, so now I have a pack of Papillons.  While I know who pays the bills around here, I'm not sure I actually run the house or just make it more comfortable for the dogs.  Either way we are slowly settling in.  Now that the long cold winter months are settling in cabin fever will hit us all.  Which should to lead to some amusing stories.

Introducing: The Papillon Pack.

Starting with Misty.  Aliases; Mistikins, BRAT, MissAlish.  She is the Queen of all she Surveys.  Most of it is while she has her eyes closed, but we humor the little bitch since she tries her hardest to carry it off.  She's the first to tattle on anyone doing something she does not approve of.  Including me for not keeping dog food bowls or water dishes at proper volume.  Misty is litter mate brother to Scooter.




Next up is Scooter.  Aliases: Scoots, ScooterPie, Pie, ScooterDooter, Dooter, PEST.  Scooter is the Prince of Charming Scratches.  Scooter did not actually get his name from the typical young dog 2 legged dog race across the carpet.  Since he was 8 weeks old he would just kind of scoot closer to your hand, human training at it's young ages.  He has since perfected "aren't you the cute one" and has never let go of his ability to scoot to a near hand.  Beware, a challenge to the visitor who cannot say No.  Scooter is full litter mate to Misty.


Cutter follows.  Aliases; Mr. Man, CutterButter, Bug, NoodleLegs.  Cutter is the adoption boy.  He is a puppy mill rescue dog who at the ripe ol age of 4 lost his ability to help along the puppy mill population.  He has lost none of his charm to the lady dogs.  Cutter is known as a Phaelene version of the Papillon.  Papillon meaning "butterfly" in French as you can see from the other ears.  Phaelene meaning "moth" in French which Cutter is.  He's a bit of a challenge on house training now that it has started raining.  I'm not sure how much rain he has had to endure being from a puppy mill and one east of the Rockies as well.


Finally Pepper.  Aliases; PepperPower, Crazy Girl, Peps, NosyNellie.  Pepper was the car pup pal to Cutter on the drive over from Northern Idaho.  She'd arrived at the foster center 2 weeks prior to that day and she and Cutter were inseparable.  Who can split that kind of friendship up?  Pepper did come to us as Princess - but seeing she's the biggest of the lot, and my aversion to prissy names - it changed.  Yes that is paint in her ear because she can't keep her BIG FAT NOSE out of anything.  Where nose goes those ears follow.



Now here we are 2 + 2 = The Pack of Papillons, and 1 humble human servant.  Is it that I have a job, that I have opposable thumbs, can drive a car, or provide the daily WALKS and SNACKS that they allow me to leave 5 days a week to provide for their comfort?  Or is it the respect, affection, absolute trust and love that has me loving these different personalities?  I believe it is the latter. And as I hear a Squeakie Toy, These are the Dogs of My Life.

The Papillon Pack.